The decision to sell your house can be exciting and overwhelming all at once. Despite the reality of that latter emotion, there are some things home sellers can do to alleviate the stress. Start a plan by using the five tips below for a less-stress selling experience.
- Get to know the real estate market: Knowing the ins-and-outs of the real estate landscape is helpful, so you know what you’re getting into and you can manage your expectations. Some things to consider are average sale price on your street, potential interest rate increases or reductions, whether it is a Buyer’s or Seller’s Market and affordable or “liveable” neighbourhoods that prospective buyers look for. I specialize in the Oakville Real Estate Market, Burlington Real Estate Market, Mississauga Real Estate Market, and Milton Real Estate Market. Learn more about our complimentary local market update HERE.
- Prepare your paperwork: Potential buyers and their agents will ask a lot of questions about your home, so preparing the paperwork in advance is helpful once you start showing your home. Prepare things like utility bills, tax bills, renovation details, warranties, mortgage details, survey and rental contracts.
- Declutter: Getting rid of unused items and furniture will make your move easier, and potential buyers will respond better to a clean, clutter-free home. It takes many years to accumulate all that “stuff” so be realistic about how long it will take to clear it out. Try tackling one room per day, starting with the basement! Learn more about decluttering and staging your home HERE.
- Start stocking up on boxes and moving supplies: As you get ready for the move, keep an eye open for supplies that may be useful. Stock up on old newspapers and collect old or unused boxes from your office or local grocery store. Click HERE for more moving tips.
- Find a Professional Real Estate Agent: While it’s ultimately the seller’s choice whether they want to work with an agent or go it alone. Here are five facts about FSBO transactions to consider before you make your final decision.
These five simple steps will put you on the right track to sell your house. As overwhelming at the process might seem at first glance, don’t forget to enjoy the excitement of it all, and remember that you’re not alone. Joette Fielding Real Estate Group will work with you from start to finish, to ensure a stress-free home sale!
Let’s talk – we will be happy to provide a professional market evaluation of your property to help you determine the market value of your home in today’s local real estate climate. Call me at 289-242-6640 for professional, trusted advice.
Content Courtesy: https://blog.remax.ca/5-tips-to-sell-your-house/